Tips and tricks for using AnyLogic! Our collection of how-to videos continues to grow. A popular play-list that helps AnyLogic users get the most from the software. What’s more, you can tell us the videos you would like to see in the comments below. Let us know!
Three new videos this month, with topics including: vehicle and pedestrian interactions (pedestrians should not be doomed), time measurements, and combining modeling approaches. Check them out!
Simulating a pedestrian crossing
Road traffic and pedestrians interact all the time in the real world, how can we simulate this? This video shows you how cars from the Road Traffic Library and people from the Pedestrian Library can be made to interact. You can follow the process with an example model from AnyLogic Help, Tutorials > Intersection > Phase 2.
Measuring time in a system
Getting the right data from a simulation is essential. This video uses the Job Shop example and extends it to allow further data collection. The approach can be used to measure the time agents spend in a process or on a specific operation. You will see how to add time measurements to processes and how to output the data for display and logging.
Using agents in a process flow
Combining modeling approaches is part of the magic of AnyLogic. This video shows how to combine agent-based modeling with discrete-event modeling. You will see how the behavior of an agent can be determined by both.
Of course, these are not our only how-to videos. You can find many more on our YouTube channel; subscribe so you don’t miss one!
Comment below with the next video topic you would like to see. We might do it, really we might!
- Setting up parameters from the experiment page
- 3D animation
- Reading agent attributes from a database
- Converting GIS shapefiles to AnyLogic rail markup
- Placing agents on the GIS map
- Creating cars of different colors
- Navigating the model with view areas
- Compare Runs experiment
- Model execution logs
- Drawing curved walls
- Saving and restoring simulation state
- Setting up a freight train
- Simulating a shuttle train
- Preventing train collisions
- Importing models from Vensim
- AnyLogic Cloud
- Creating a custom flowchart block
- Taking GIS models offline
- Printing debug information
- Optimization experiment
- Custom probability distributions